The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #11
hemifalcon

Re: 1965 Suburban Resto-Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by padresag View Post
you could have driven it without the linkage. it just make you polish up on your shifting skill.
my frame brkt broke holding the zbar in in downtown Vancouver and had 500mi to home. worst part was getting stuck at a light going up a good hill.This is where second gear in my 5speed and that 453 detroit I had in there started just as soon as I hit the starter and I was under way. my heart was on my sleeve though that it would pull on the starter an flash. that motor never let me down in just about 20 years when I sold it to a fellow that was going to put it in a f250
nice work
ron
Padre--
I know what you mean by shifting--as I typically fly-shift my VW and I did it in the Suburban just to see if it could work.. It's much more sloppy in the old Chevy than my VW as the shifter easily glides in when the RPM's are right where she likes 'em... Running the biggggg diesel's is a fun day when you never touch the clutch pedal...
hemifalcon is offline   Reply With Quote