The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2012, 10:23 PM   #1
BogeyBoy82

Project NORUSH - 71 Build - Nothing but the Best

Always dreamed of building a 71/72 C10. Bought a 71 K5 2wd in July. Flipped it a couple months later. Bought a 70 half-done project. Flipped it 2 weeks later. Finally settled on what's described below.

She started out as a damn nice built '71 C-10 SWB with a 6.0 Swap and a half-resto done. Upone getting truck it was nice, but I wanted it perfect. I'm going for a Pro-Touring Cruiser that a 70 Year old or a 17 Year old would kill to have. Cory Scott with Kustom Werx in Conroe, TX is doing the build. He has built some of the baddest most recognized classic trucks in the Street Truck world for decades. You may not know his name but you would recognize his work. It's the best and it aint cheap lol.

My last name is RUSH hence NORUSH but truthfully build will be done in less than 6 more months (started 3 months ago). Literally not sparing any expense or cutting any corners. Suggestions are welcome b/c this is my first classic build.

List of Purchased Items:
  • 71 C-10 with LQ4 6.0 Swap Complete
    Full Pro-Touring Mild Coil-Over Front/Rear Porterbuilt Suspension
    Wilwood 6 Piston / 4 Piston Brakes
    New Sheetmetal
    Wood Bed kit
    Wood Wheel
    Hidden A/C System (behind Dash not Under)
    Rear Chrome Sport Bumper
    Classic Trim
    Custom Gas Tank
    New Smooth Tailgate (old one dented)
    Seat Belts
    Headliner

List of Work to Be Done:
  • Complete Frame Off - Off Frame now lol...
    Powdercoating of Entire Chassis/Suspension in Matte Wrinkle Black - Complete
    Body Work and Make Sheetmetal Flawless
    Lay Down a Perfect Paint job
    Re-Assemble, Install New Parts, Etc
    Re-Do Interior with custom door panels, bolstered Chevelle Bucket Seats (Black and Houndstooth), etc

Undecideds:
  • Wheels - Leaning Hard Towards Intro West Coast with Satin Finish Accents like the ones pictured below. 20/22x10 with nice fat lip on 315s or Maybe go 20x12 rear with 345s
    Paint Color - Was gonna classic Two-Tone White/Black. Then went to straight black. Now I'm 99% set on Chevelle Shadow Gray, maybe with black center two-tone but most likely solid...
    Rear End - To narrow or not to narrow. Already has a 3.73 with Posi in it.
    Motor Mods - L92 Heads, Cam, and Tune. Not sure if it truely needs it but would be the cherry on top.
    Wood Stain Color - Wanted to go classic chevy stain but thinking black stain or gray stain in bed with the wheel to match.

Obviously this aint everything but it's a damn good start. I'm really open to ideas and input since I'm going balls deep on my first classic build. I'm no foreigner to the modded Chevy world, but this territory is a little unfamiliar. Like I said this build should be one for the record books. I know a lot of these get started and never get done and are a lot more fluff than fact but no bull this is gonna be a good one fellas.

Pics so far....

As she started....

Rear Shot as she started...good pallet but not perfect lol....

LQ4 swap (6.0 like Ls2) already done. Runs great.

Have original un-cut dash going in and hidden a/c

Bench has gotta go...

Let the Madness Begin....

Oh hell...rip the motor out let's powdercoat everything....

No Turning Back now....

F me....

Wheels I'm leaning Hard toward. Like the Boss but the lip is tiny and want Billets. Kinda wanna do HRE but these have such a classic look to them and no one else really has done them yet...Wheels also kinda look like Old Chevelle SS Wheels and that's the theme I'm kinda going towards

99% Sure on this color. Chevelle Shadow Gray. Thought about some type of black stripe or accent to tie in theme more. Most likely nixing that idea..

More Pics to Come....

Last edited by BogeyBoy82; 12-13-2012 at 10:29 PM.
BogeyBoy82 is offline   Reply With Quote