The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2012, 01:16 AM   #1
hemifalcon

1964-66 Inline 6-cyl Z-bar or Bell-Crank question

Really quick question.. I'm about to slap the bell-crank or z-bar or whatever it's called back on the truck--and lo and behold.... something else is missing.. It was never on the truck when I drove it.. So to the point--on the block-side pivot, what's missing in my pictures? Is there supposed to be a bushing or a spring inside the block side bell of the crank to keep the pivot from being sloppy?? If not-I'm going to put an external spring clip around the pivot ball and a small valve spring or something similar inside the bell crank..

Here are my pics.. The frame side is complete minus the felt washer--still have to stick that in there..

And--here's what I found on Classic Parts--

it looks like it only has the rubber washer/grommet in place maybe to take out vibrations- but the pivot ball is slightly different in design..

and I think I may need another one of these for the block side.. Vice the "spring" idea that I spoke of earlier may be placed in the bin of additional ideas..

Just looking for some info to make sure I get the right parts..
hemifalcon is offline   Reply With Quote