The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2012, 08:45 PM   #1
myyamr7

New, from New England area

Hello, new guy here from RI. Looking to start a restoration of a 67-72 c10 soon, but still havn't purchased a truck yet. I know the trucks well, as I rebuilt a 72 back in 1993, full frame off restoration. Sadly, I got bored with it and sold it only a few years later.
I have my eye on a few trucks local, but I have a feeling I'll have to make a trip south to find a good solid body and frame to start with. I'm also surprised by the higher prices these trucks are getting...or at least what people are asking.
What should I expect to pay for for a complete truck, that runs and drives, all there and original, but still needs a full restoration?
Back when I bought my 72 in 1992, I paid $1000 for it and it was solid for the year, only needed 1 cab corner and inner fenders to be rot free.
I'm hoping to buy and build a nice classic truck and have 10-12k total invested, it'll be just a driver, maybe 3-4k miles a year.

Anyway, looking forward to poking around here and gathering valuable information.

Mark
myyamr7 is offline   Reply With Quote