The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2012, 01:11 AM   #1
Mister-B
Account Suspended

I've got my 13 year old boy on track to get a 67-72 of his own

He loves working on my truck together, and going for rides. He's a great kid, but I've had a hard time finding something over the years that we can enjoy together. He's got ADHD, and doesn't like sports or much of anything besides video games. I was pleasantly surprised a couple months ago, when I bought my '69, how much he enjoys it.

We've spent a lot of time together working on it. He's been able to spin a wrench or two, help me paint, clean it up, plan for new parts, and find parts at the junk yard. Unfortunately, many of the junk yards don't allow kids (even with an adult), but I did find one that had one of the missing lower molding pieces we needed, so we bought it and he helped me install it.

Anyway, I told him that whatever he saves up, I will match towards the purchase of a 67-72 Chevy (up to $2,000...which buys a nice one around here. Mine cost less than that) once he turns 16.

In the meantime, I told him I will give him some parts he can keep in his bedroom for his build. I bought some parts in better shape, so I don't need these. I helped him shine the parts up. I told him he can use them towards his build, if he ends up needing them, or he can sell them and get something else he needs for the build. There will be more parts as we go along, and I'm sure he'll find some at the junkyard that he might want to buy.

Anyway, just wanted to share with you. If you've got similar stories, or ideas, lets hear them

Posted via Mobile Device
Mister-B is offline   Reply With Quote