The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2012, 05:03 PM   #1
rs74

I found our old panel truck after ten years.

My step dad sold our panel truck about ten years ago. I was suppose to buy it but I was in my early twenties and very irresponsible at the time. I was more of a partier and didn't have much of anything else on my mind but a good time.

I have been on the look out for a 64-66 SWB 2wd here lately and that got me thinking about the ol panel. So I knew who had bought it but wasn't quite sure if he still had it and if so if he would even sell it. I got in the Jeep today and drove the 15 miles to where he had lived. At first I didn't see it, so I drove around to another rode to give me a different angle of view to his home which is down a lane. There it sat.

I turned around and debating whether to go knock on his door. I end up stopping and he answered. Told him who I was. He was an old friend of my step dad's. My step dad passed about 5 years ago. Anyway I asked what his plans where with the panel and he asked it I was ready to have it back. I told him I was and he said he had been thinking about selling it. He is going to pull the engine and put in his monte carlo but that wont be until spring.

I asked him what he wanted out of it and he told me. It is going to need a little more work than the condition it was in when he bought it. He has taken all the wiring our of the dash as he said it shorted out on him. I didn't go out and look it over but I did take a photo with my phone which didn't come out very good. But none the less I told him to call me come spring and I would come get it. I even told him if he needed a place to do all the swapping then he could do it in my shop. Kind of stoked about the whole deal right now but it is not in my possesion yet. But hopeful in the near future it will be. Oh yeah by the way it is a 60.
Attached Images

rs74 is offline   Reply With Quote