The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2013, 03:24 AM   #1
Erik V

Polar Bear Drive-Topless even!

Decided to head up to the local mountain roads the ATV trails in my area are home to (those trails are closed for the winter/spring). Didnt have anybody with me, so I took my dogs, and overpacked just in case I ended up having any issues. Ended up being so many people doing the same thing, I really wasnt alone afterall. Put on about 15 miles of snowy roads, some black ice on the paved roads on the way up, and ended it with a drive to the local hospital parking garage as I was trying to catch the sunset (and ended up opting for the parking garage trying to gain altitude before the horizon went dark).

Pics anyone?

All in all I'm really impressed with my very little offroad experience, a 42 year old truck (setup the way it was in the late 70's), on 16 year old new tires, in well below 30* weather not counting wind chill. Best New Year's Day I've had in longer than I can remember.

Erik
Erik V is offline   Reply With Quote