The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2013, 09:15 PM   #1
LEllyson

time to shop for airride..

So I know some of the diehard "original" guys are gong to scold me for putting my 71 shortwide on air but I am not going to cut the frame in any way so that later it can be reversed easily without any eveidence left behind of the pickup ever being on airride if that is what any future owner would decide. But for now I think i want to start shopping for airride for my 71 and I am curious what parts any of you have had good or bad luck with? I think I want to end up roughly around 4/6 dropas a ride height and want to run 20/8 and 20/10 for wheels but still keep a good clean driving manor with the pickup. The pickup is not a hot rod at all and will never be as long as i am owning but I do expect to handle and drive good as i would like to eventually have this as my daily driver.

So basically i want to know what sems to work? for a good price? hows the drive? and what would you suggest staying away from on a daily driver?
LEllyson is offline   Reply With Quote