The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2013, 12:58 AM   #1
Ziegelsteinfaust

Dana 60 rear.

I want to put a Dana 60 in the rear of my truck to change the rear end ratio from 4.11's to 3.54, and take a bit of weight out of my rear end. At the same time I plan to add the disk brake kit so I take about 100 pounds off the back side in total.

All I do is drive around, and dirt road my C20 with AT's. I got the C20 for the brakes, and not any real toughness factor. So going down in rear axle's strength is not an issue for me.

Which truck would you get a rear Dana 60 from? I know the Ford's rear hub is bigger then GM's, but what about Dodge's Dana 60. I would like H2 rims on my C20 eventually, but cutting opening up the center hole is not much of an issue for me.

Also if I buy a lets say a Ford or Dodge Dana 60, can I convert it to Chevy status?

Before the Dana 60 hits my truck it will get the rear disk kit so any mods will be done then
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote