The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2013, 05:29 PM   #1
Kevjulian

New guy with 71 C20

Hey all just wanted to finally post about my 1971 C20 custom camper and the story behind it if anyone cares to know. I used to tease my son's girlfriend about this truck. The truck was her Dad's and they used it to carry lawn equipment. Every time we would pick her up I would ask her when her dad was gong to get rid of that truck. One day my son called me and said that he wanted to get rid of it but it was broke. Apparently it had came out of gear and rolled down a slight hill and hit a tree. I purchased it for $500 and it runs. it just would not go into gear. All said and done I replaced the clutch plate, throw-out bearing, clutch housing and pressure plate. Also the lower clutch rod was broke, and replaced. The truck was then mobile. I also replaced both manifolds, exhaust system. I found an outer grill and a new (to me) front bumper and good price. All the lights work except rear passenger side marker light, haven't had time to track down issue. re-painted instrument cluster and needles. Dash light are all now LED's. Its till in rough shape but I am looking forward to fixing her up slowly to stock condition. It has a 350 with Muncie 4-speed.Name:  100_0198a1.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  63.8 KB
Attached Images

Kevjulian is offline   Reply With Quote