The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2013, 10:55 PM   #11
67c10rustbuket

Re: Rustbuket 67 build "Georgia"

Quote:
Originally Posted by es67chevy View Post
I wish I would have thought of that before reassembling mine. Had to use the dremel on it to make a relief cut in the frame with the motor and headers already installed due to that very same issue. Not enough clearance!

Great work and progress!
Thanks Eric, I thought something was funny when I bought the truck and noticed the headers were rubbing the frame. I found out the info about 67 frame rails being wider on here before I got started. Sure is a lot of wacky differences on these trucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD1 View Post
Hey Dan,

Frozen Twinkies, huh? I liked them at room temperature, nice and soft, and mushy. Never tried or even thought of trying to freeze them. Bet it made a nice summer time treat.

I am slowly getting myself motivated again. For starters, I am viewing posts on this board again, which helps. I also started messing with my carburetor again today, which is a dismally sort of long story (I'll post it on my thread, so as not to hi-jack yours), but it's a start in the right direction. My next step is to get out there, fire up the propane heater, and start welding again.

I am probably even more impressed with your grinding skills than your welding skills. It really looked like it was never welded in the first place. As I heard on one of those car shows once, it does not matter if you aren't the best welder, if you know how to grind really well.

Talk to ya soon.

Darien
Thanks D, I need one of those heaters in my garage.
On "grinding" I dont use a grinding stones just the sand paper flappers in 120 grit and also 2" roloc disks on a air angle die grinder. The sand paper wheels cost more and don't last near as long but they knock down welds fast and clean. Not to mention they are not near as loud when grinding. (see pic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewType72 View Post
really diggin the framework my friend everything looks good
Thanks Dylan, she's almost done. Im relieved to be done welding and repairing the frame! I like your land shark, I always had a sweet spot for a nice crew cab dually

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJs69CST View Post
Doing great work!!
Thanks MJ

Still working on this weeks progress, update will come in a couple days. Later guys!
Attached Images

67 SWB C10 project "GEORGIA"-59 Brookwood 2dr wag...Next project-03 Tahoe 4x4 5.3 family ride-07 Hondur Accord, commuter car
67c10rustbuket is offline   Reply With Quote