The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2013, 12:25 AM   #1
69C20396

New Member, New Truck

I started my search a couple of months ago and have finally acquired a Truck. I have been dreaming of owning a 69 since i was a teenager, and am excited to dig into a machine again. I've included a couple of pictures, but will take more soon.

I drove it back to KC from Emporia KS, and it ran like a dream (minus a seal on the drivers side exhaust which sounded terrible and was deafening) It looks to be mostly original. The seat is not, nor the steering wheel, but the 396 is!

I would love to hear what you guys think, and if you see anything of interest. (this is my first 69). So far i plan to: fix the leaking exhaust, remove the flow master mufflers and replace with actual mufflers (i'm not into the loud systems), and i'd like to change that crazy loud starter out with something quieter (maybe one of you can point me in the right direction?), i also want to remove the camper mirrors

I am also interested in talking to anyone around KC who can give good recommendations for a mechanic and body shop (i currently use a place in midtown called Hyde Park Auto Service, they do good work on all makes and models, but maybe there is someone better?)

Thanks in Advance! Joshua
Attached Images

Last edited by 69C20396; 01-10-2013 at 12:43 AM.
69C20396 is offline   Reply With Quote