The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2013, 02:06 AM   #11
McMurphy

Re: Not Another Rebuild Thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckzilla View Post
Hey Mike,
Finally had the time to go back and catch up on the last few weeks of postings. Thanks for the Christmas video. It brought back some fond memories of when I lived in Fairbanks and at Eielson. I don't think I'd recognize North Pole from when I saw it last in '71. The cab coating looks like it turned out great. Its also good for the inside of doors and cab roofs.
Well, keep after it and keep inspiring the rest of us who use the excuse of its too cold to do anything!

Larry
I am glad you like the video, we had a lot of fun making it, going thru Santa Claus House with a bunch of "Ooooo get a shot of this !!" kind of discussions!
Thanks for the encouragement, it really isnt that cold out today 5* above and snowing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemdaddy View Post
really like the bed liner stuff. it dries tough and looks cool... plus in takes paint.
nice job applying it...
Thanks Clemdaddy, I am liking it so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allaboutchevelles View Post
Very nice job on the inside of the floor. I been thinking about doing my floor also. I guess you have sold me on this one. be picking up some of this soon. Great Job!
Just make sure you do it with the garage doors open and a fan blowing thru the cab... it didnt make me dizzy (cause it was too cold outside to do that open door stuff) but man were my eyes bloodshot and burning !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coulter View Post
That floor looks good man!! Keep it up
Posted via Mobile Device
Thank you Coulter !! I been keeping up on your build, man I love how you trimmed those fender well tops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62 Barnfind View Post
Floor looks good!
Thanks for taking a look 62BF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckzilla View Post
Ditto for me. That is a sweet looking motor Murph!

Have you thought about the second option and going at the tabs and unnecessary bumps and dingies with a carbide grinder and a little flap wheel action? I saw it done on one of those hot rod / you can do it type shows where they smoothed out a pair of standard cast iron manifolds and they came out looking pretty nice!

But again, what's money compared to the cool factor?
Yeah well the money is not so much an issue, but an allocation thing.
We bought a back hoe last summer and I have been diverting as much of the cash flow as possible towards that, and my son's recent visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
I agree here, if money is really an issue and you have some time to spend, grind/cut off all the tabs, bumps and things and smooth out that second set, coat them with eastwoods high temp stainless coating and they would look good.

...but still not as cool as the first choice...
Thanks Aggie91, I know I stole some of your ideas for this build, so you know I appreciate the input !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVPhotos View Post
Is the Herculiner a hard finish(Line-x) or a softer rubber finish(Rhino)? I used the Rustoleum out of the can for my welding wagon and it was like a ruff powdercoat. Looking for somthing to coat cab bottom like undercoat with out the extra mess.
In scraping some of it off tonight to do some welding, I would have to say it is more of the rubber compound type. Not hard and brittle like a plastic coating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travz500 View Post
wish I could figure out how to make them upright tho sorry bout that
No worries, I really appreciated the photos, they showed me what I needed to know about those style manifolds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
Do what I do Murph. Enie,meanie,miney,moe.
Or
Since its a one time purchase I go for the me factor.
How much are you going to show them off?
Posted via Mobile Device
If I show stuff its something Im proud of.
Hmmmmm I may come to hate you for that last zinger of a one liner.... you bastich !! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmorales3181 View Post
Took a while to go through all of your pages. Your doing a nice job keep it up
Posted via Mobile Device
Thank you for taking a look!
As my best friend says, "The best is yet to come!"

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote