The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2013, 04:25 PM   #1
Smo_King

Fuel issue no flow ( dumb ?'s )

So its been a few months or so since the cold set in and my ol truck was running ruff so I just left her be till it warmed up.

Turns out I was at the bottom of the tank and was out of gas. Needle will bounce from 1/2>1/4. Guessing I sucked quite a bit of muck threw the system? A 3 years sitter.

Pulled the fuel filter, just some been sitting for awhile bottom junk. Cleaned the cartridge and got a new filter, installed. Added 3 gallons of fresh go go juice. And now I have no fuel flow. Pump is running fine? Little loud, but guessing cause its empty. Pulled the filter to check fittings for leaks. The gasket was different but appears to work. The new filter or cartridge has not filled with fuel and is still dry.

Do I need more than 3 gallons to turn her over?

Do I have to prime anything to get the pump going?
My sending unit has all kinds of sealer around it. Bout to brave the cold and pull that I spose.

Hope its just a minor clog. I am just a pile of wood from being ready to roll this spring!

Major lurker here and have done the bed off top to bottom poor mans daily driver route just wanted to say this forum and all you guys have been a huge help!
Smo_King is offline   Reply With Quote