The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2013, 02:44 PM   #1
64tantruck

61 apache dash lights/wiring questions

Following a recent post on how to restore a dash. (64-66) I decided to dig thru a box in the garage and re-built (freshen up) up an extra 61 dash for my wifes truck.
I documented photos of the process, and cleaned, painted the old parts. The gauge face plated looked good. I re-painted the needles, and tested the fuel gauge and lights. I tested the light with a 12 volt ryobi battery and some jumpers. All of the ligthts worked great. Found out the high beam indicator is the shape of a bowtie. I thought that was cool. My 64 just has a rectangular box.
Anyway, I noticed, I have two red lights, one for the oil pressure, one for the generator. I have two lights on the temp section, a red one for high temp, and a green one on the "C" side ??? strange.
Also I didnt notice turn signal indicaotr lights. There is a single green light on the lower left side of the dash, could this be a combined indicator to let you know if either the left or right signal is on.
I have yet to swap out the unit with the original in her truck. Since her truck is in the rebuilding stage, I didnt notice if they have seperate arrows for turn signals.
Any thoughts, photos, insight is apreciated.

Thanks,
Glenn
61 Apache10 (wife's truck) 327ci powerglide.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=570100
64tantruck is offline   Reply With Quote