The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2013, 11:22 AM   #1
jhama78

'67 Chevy C-10 Longbed questions/ My Intro

Greetings all, if this is in the wrong spot let me know and Ill delete or move it... Ive been registered here for a while but havent spent much time here in the last few years... and therefore dont know what the protocol for posting general questions is...

Anyway, heres a pic of my grandfathers 67 that he bought new in dec 66 and later restored in 89/90 timeframe. I drove it some through high school and help him work on it from time to time, but it has more or less sat in the garage since the early 90s.

He passed away a few weeks back and I may have an opportunity later this year to buy it from my grandma since he wanted me to have first refusal on it.

My questions are regarding a disk brake upgrade for the front and possibly dropping it a couple of inches.

First of all what is you alls recommendation for a disk brake conversion on the front that keeps the 6 on 5.5 bolt pattern? right now is has manual drums all the way around that work fine but Id like a little bit better brakes on it since I plan on driving it some.

Second I may at some point drop it 3-4 in the back and 2-3 up front so what are your suspension recommendations for a beginner that has never worked on these trucks very much?

As I previously said, if this is in the wrong section let me know... I spend plenty of time on pirate4x4 and know that if somebody comes into a 'hardcore/non-newbie section' and clutters up the forum with questions that every other newb asks then people tend to get annoyed.

Thanks again for any help/links/flaming/browbeating, Ive been building 4wd/off road trucks for years but havent done much with this genre of vehicles...

-j-rod

'06 3500 LWB CC 4wd, 8.1 Allison

Last edited by jhama78; 01-24-2013 at 11:31 AM. Reason: fixed the pic link
jhama78 is offline   Reply With Quote