The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2013, 01:51 AM   #23
jocko

Re: Help Diagnose Brake Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipflyer View Post
The front chamber could be for the front or rear brakes depending on weather or not its a half or 3/4 ton, they are opposite! The link below with Livrats excellent info will explain it all very well and should help you decide exactly what you need.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=214559

Jeff
I am reasonably sure that firstowner is correct on this one.

Livrat's input on the linked thread is very helpful - but does not apply to the OP's question about which chamber the front or rear lines go to.

All MCs that I am aware of, 1/2 or 3/4 ton, have the front brake lines connected to the rear chamber of the MC and the rear brakes connected to the front chamber of the MC. Livrat's comments are all related to booster interchangeability and the differences between 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton booster mounting, etc. I didn't see any info on line placement to specific reservoirs. Did I miss it? But the dead giveaway, as firstowner pointed out, is the size of the reservoir - larger res for the disk half of the truck, and the larger res is always in the rear of the ones I have seen.

I'm a little more used to older systems, so I'm interested to hear a definitive answer on this.
jocko is online now   Reply With Quote