The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2013, 02:28 PM   #1
72CampSpecial

Fluid out top of 350 AT dipstick??

Yesterday I drove the truck to the store after letting it warm up for 5 min, nice easy drive about a mile away..when i got there i had smoke coming from the passengers side, popped the hood and saw evidence of fluid on the top of the passenger header and wheel well..

Drove it home and no smoke, i peeked underneath the truck this morning and notice evidence of fluid on everything from on top of the starter down the back side of the engine, and passenger side of the trani, the lines, etc. Fluid in my drip pan this AM is red.. so pretty sure its a trani leak vice a oil leak.

Ive read that there was a problem with the dipsticks and fluid coming out the top??

My truck is a '72 Chev w/350 V8 and 350 AT, ive replaced the trani pan seal and the accumulator cover O'Ring on the side of the trani on the passenger side

What else should i be looking at??
Should i order a new (later model) Dipstick with the "locking" feature ive read about?? Anyone know where i can get that late model dipstick, or a part #??
72CampSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote