The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2013, 10:28 PM   #1
PoDuck

First wiring hiccup with American Autowire kit.

Okay, I've been pretty impressed that I've had no real hiccups with my wiring until now. The only other issue I had after powering everything up was that the dash didn't illuminate, but once I grounded it, it worked great. It started right up, the idiot lights work perfectly, headlights and parking lights work great.

The only issue I have is now that I got a new turn signal switch. The right turn signal works as it should. No issues at all. The left signal, however, is flashing both rear lights, and neither of the front lights. The turn signal light on the dash doesn't flash either for the left signal. I have double checked my wiring, and I see nothing wrong, but I can't figure out what might be causing this issue.

Attached are some pictures of the wiring of the turn signal switch, and the part of the AAW instructions page that shows how it is supposed to be wired. I'm not sure what would cause both rear lights to flash simultaneously. I was assuming that I got this wired wrong, but it appears correct to me.

Does anyone have any ideas what would do this?
Attached Images

PoDuck is offline   Reply With Quote