The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2013, 11:21 PM   #11
thelonerife

Re: Chucks SWB Fleetside

Today I started at 7 and got a lot done with a little help from my friends. Rus and Matt. They got there just as I got new lifters to install. I took the collapsed one out and took it apart only to find that it had trash in it. I cleaned it out and its good. I figured I might ought to get new ones as the others may have trash in them too. I did take another apart and it was clean though. I took the oil filter off and changed the oil. I cut the filter apart and didn't find anything. Rus put my new tranny pan on my other truck Tonto and Matt and I installed the new lifters. The motor is about ready to start up again and adjust the valves. I will cut an old set of valve covers so I can adjust them without throwing oil everywhere. We also did some things to Matts ride. His truck is Fast!

I should have put the oil back in while I had the intake off but I worked around it. I put an air fitting on my new funnel and did a little at a time.
Attached Images

thelonerife is offline   Reply With Quote