The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2013, 07:17 PM   #1
sixTsix

Introduction: its bout time

Evening Gents, ...been lurking here for long enough and i figured it is time to drop a line or two , and get this out of the way lol.
Over the last couple of yrs or so I've been in the market for a old pickup. Originally wanted a 67-72 for sentimental reason but after looking at the market ...theyre a little out of my budget. So i kept looking and decided anything old would work. Low n behold if i didnt pick something up. A 1966 Chevy SBW short stepper. She packing a 327 under the hood ...hooked up with a granny first four speed. Now granted she isnt much of a looker ...but for some reason turns heads. Could be the fact im running 3" headers with turn downs ...thats right, no mufs at this point ...but thats coming down the road. She does have a small leaking rear main ..but nothing that makes the truck undriveable. It has become my new addition. Even more so than my bikes , as i ride motorcycles too, i cant stop thinking about it, future plans,.. ect...Its still running manual drums up front with 6 luggs all the way around. It does have all typical rot, cab corners ..inner outer rockers ...lower fenders ...and a touch in the bed....but nothing that is overwelming persay ...and something i will tackle later down the road. As of right now ...im in the makes of making it mechanically sound as possible without dumping a whole lot of cash into. drive it for a while so i can enjoy it ...and then take it down to the frame...the off frame maybe a yr or two ...because tbh ...i wanna enjoy it as it is for a bit.again its nothign special ...but its mine, and cant help to grin ear to ear when im around it ..and talking about it ...

ANYHOW....i do have my first question with this intro as well. Driver side window regulator needs replacing. So i do a little tearing into it today to see exactly whats involved ...anyhow ...my first question, ive probably alrdy answered myself is ....the glass have to come out? I busted it all loose ...but didnt really see a way to pull it with the glass still in there. Also is there a write up on this yet? ...i havent done a search on this as of yet ...as Ive been in and out all day ...just figured id run it past you guys ....
Also I know how everyone loves pics ....i dont have great pics as of yet ...but here they are....

Last edited by sixTsix; 02-03-2013 at 07:43 PM.
sixTsix is offline   Reply With Quote