The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2013, 05:00 PM   #1
rs74

Wanting to lower my 85.

I am looking into lowering my truck and have a few questions. First I am looking into buying WV vette rallies for the truck and will be running 295/50-15's on the rear and for the front not sure quite yet. Rims will be 8" for sure and either something like 275-50 or 255-50-60's. I am think maybe a 4-6 or 5-7 drop on it right now. The pictures I am posting are of members trucks that I like the stance on. Not sure what drops they are running but that is what I am after.

Thinking about doing drop spindes and drop springs up front and flip kit in rear. Keep in mind this is my first lowering attempt and know very little so if you have suggestions then please let me know. This is going to be my daily driver for the most part. I think the front end will be pretty straight forward replacing the spindles and springs. Will also be do new ball joints as well. As far as shocks go I have heard the drop shocks don't ride as well. I read something about after getting the truck lowered then do some measuring of some sort and buyiny regular shocks that will fit.

On the rear just how does the flip kit go on. Any links. Do I have to cut off anything and reweld? As of right now I am looking at Western Chassis products. Is this a good company to work with. Any others worth messing with? I am also running long tube headers right no too. I don't want to smash them. I also read that some run a 1" drop shackle with their flip kit. Is this to just get another inch or to level the truck out.

I know I am asking alot of questions but I know you guys know best. I am sure that I will have a ton more of questions but hopefully this will get me started. Oh one last thing. How long would it take me to put this drop on. I have all my own tools and am very capable of doing this. Just trying to figure out how long I will be tying up my shop.

Here are the pics of the trucks that I want mine to look like. Not sure of what drops they. These are members trucks so I hope no one get upset that I posted them. Thanks
Attached Images

rs74 is offline   Reply With Quote