The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-14-2013, 05:08 PM   #1
Ol' Red

New member's first truck

Hi just wanted to share my truck with this awesome source of knowledge. I'm currently 17 years old and started this project when I was 15 with my father. I have a 1985 GMC Sierra Classic 1500. It is 2wd with 305 sbc backed with a th350 trans and 2:73 rear. I bought the truck with a blown 305. It blew up 2 days before I was going to buy it. My boss knew a guy with that same exact motor sitting in his barn. I picked up that motor for 50 bucks. I rebuilt the new 305 and my neighbor rebuilt the th350. I repainted the engine, transmission and engine compartment. I put that in and got it to run. After all that I started to disassemble the truck for repainting. The interior came out, trim, bed, bumpers, etc. It got painted code 70 torch red. I reassembled the truck and is my daily driver. I finished the truck 2 days after I got my driver's license. The rebuild took about 8 months of work with my dad's help here and there. Driving it took school for the first time is a pretty awesome experience. I take it to car shows with my dad and park next to his torch red 1970 mustang mach 1 that we restored too. Since this picture i have gotten new tires, dual exhaust and a few other upgrades. I like to call it Ol' Red.
Attached Images

Ol' Red is offline   Reply With Quote