The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2013, 02:07 PM   #1
68 Longbed Dan

New Member!!

Hey all! I was suddenly aware that my first post was actually in the classifieds trying to buy a part lol. I did create my account about a year ago when I was getting some additional work done, but just to lurk and look at perdy pictures lol. Let me introduce myself.

I am Danny, I live in Bakersfield CA (originally from Visalia) and I have a 68 Longbed Stepside. She is my baby. My grandparents bought her new in 1968 and put well over 350k miles on her (3 different motors before I got her). She had a camper shell on her, and all kinds of stuff kind of hacked together. When my grandparents passed, my uncle took the truck. He beat it up....to say the least. After he got a DUI and wrecked the truck, I got it for 10 bucks when I was in high school. I repaired what I could then I drove it every day until I blew the motor. It has since sat for 9 years with period work now and then. And I am currently trying to knock it out.

We just bought our house here in November, and I am still getting used to the area. I just brought the truck home yesterday. My goal is to have it running again within the year (before my wife and I have our first kid next year).

I will post some pictures later today if I am able, I am painting my garage today lol.

Currently, I did a bag setup on the front end. I swapped the front crossmember and arms from a 80's diesel onto it so i could steal the hydro booster setup and the disc brakes. So it will have power steering too . In the rear I just mounted the bags to the trailing arms in place of the springs, however, I don't like it. It doesn't get low enough. So I am going to take it to a local fab shop to get a wishbone setup and a small pipe notch in the frame to get a few more inches out of it.

I currently have a new 454 and a turbo 400 ready to drop in (sitting in storage for the last 2 years) and a buttload of parts I still need to come by.

Anyways.

Please to meet you all and I hope to be around for a long time. I will get some pics up today or tomorrow.

-Danny
68 Longbed Dan is offline   Reply With Quote