The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-2013, 06:44 PM   #1
56SS

1956 Chevy Stepside LSx

Hello all,

I just picked up a 1956 Stepside Shortbox with a 5.3L from a 01 Silverado and a 4l60e trans. I couldn't be more excited to begin working on the truck and making my own improvements! This is my first "real" project. I have had a few cars in my short life (20 yrs old) and tinkered with them here and there, but this is the first big one.

I have some work to do to get the truck on the road, and for the hell of it I'll throw my to-do list on here and see if anyone has some suggestions:

1. Wiring Harness (may have figured this out)
2. Fuel System (Would like to go with a tank that bolts in (90s f150?), possibly putting the stock 5.3L silverado pump in the tank so I am sure that I have the proper pressure to the engine...~58 psi)
3. Driveshaft (need to have one made to mate to the 56 stock rear)
4. Air conditioning (need to figure out how to run A/C, and remain $ friendly)
5. Interior (Really want some leather buckets with a custom console, but I need to figure out what seats will fit, while allowing some room for the console)
6. Gauge cluster (Thinking about a digital cluster)
7. Radiator (thinking about just using the stock-style (new one) with the mechanical fan on the engine, I was told it shouldn't run hot)
8. Cruise Control (I want to run cruise control, but I am not sure how to go about doing it)

I'm sure I am forgetting a few things, but that is where I stand currently. The truck just got delivered today, and I can't wait to get home and start playing with it
Attached Images

56SS is offline   Reply With Quote