The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2013, 03:28 PM   #1
JIMINITWIN'72

Live from DFW Texas it's JIMINITWIN'72

Hey Ladies and Gents, I have posted a new thread and now realize I never introduced myself. I have always loved old trucks and have even owned a few when I was much younger and unappreciative of what I had.(If you know what I mean) I owned a '49 ford and a '59 ford and then a '76 Chevy. Those are long since gone. Anyway let me tell you my sad tale. My cousin and his brother inlaw started building their trucks. One is a '69 and one is a '70, both of which are resto mods. Well I got jealous and started looking for a truck. Low and behold on Craigslist I found a '72 C10 LWB for 2500.00, that ran was tagged and inspected and all that good stuff. Well I called the guy up and went straight over to his house to look at it. By the time I got there it was dark, so I set out with flashlight in hand to look the truck over. I know what your thinking, but I will continue. I fired the truck up and it started right away had a little miss in it but I figured a tune up and it would be fine. Took it around the block and it seemed to drive okay, I figured new front end parts and it would be good to go. I talk the guy down to 2000.00 and drove home, or should I say tried to drive home. My wife was following me(Thank God) we got about 8 miles down the road and the lights went dim and the truck started running like crap. Charging system bad. Anyway to make a loooong story shorter, I now have replaced the engine, the complete charging system, tie rods, ball joints, ujoints, carrier bearing. it needs a new radiator, new tranny, the wiring is all screwed up. And I told my wife that all it need was a tune up.LOL I think she has figured out that I was wrong. I guess I got took on the deal. But hey lets look at the bright side I finally got the truck of my dreams.LOL
JIMINITWIN'72 is offline   Reply With Quote