The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2013, 09:57 AM   #1
sundog

72' 1500 Build Thread Of Sorts

I introduced myself recently, and thought I'd make a thread to keep track of my progress on the truck. First, the truck....

The trucks a 72' GMC 1500, lwb, and we think its, or it started as, a camper special (has 3 tanks, 1 behind seat, 1 on each side of the box)

350, new-ish rebuild, auto tranny, and no idea what it is just yet. Tons of rust. Probably paid too much for it. Waddyagonnado.

Plans are to do a budget-type build, going for a cleaner rat rod look.

Clean up all the rust, replace the panels with used parts or w/e, and once the body is somewhat clean and straight, Blitz Black for paint (yay John Deere), slam it on air, make it a trailer puller for my VW. GM Purists may want to leave now. ^_^

If you're still with me, then I appreciate any insight into the build, tips, etc. I'm not new to working on vehicles, or old ones at that, but this is my first 72' bow tie.

I work overseas, so I when Im home, Ill update as much as I can as I move forward!
sundog is offline   Reply With Quote