The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2013, 06:06 PM   #1
rs74

I think I have my next project lined up.

Kind of a long story but here goes. I bought an 85 K10 long bed a couple of years ago. When I bought the truck it was supposed to have all the neccesary paper work to get the title. The paper work was for a lost title and everything was signed. I should mention I bought this from a different person than was on the title. So I get home and it was dated back in 07. Great i thought I just pissed away $500. I have sat on the truck for two years thinking about just keeping it for parts. Today I tracked down the original owners and they said they would sign the new papers for me to be able to get a title. Cool. I will have to pay for the title twice at $95 each plus $25 tax. I am okay with that.

Part II- I have been looking for a SWB 4x4 for a little bit but I have been running across this ad for a swb 4x4 frame. I called the guy today and he said he is taking off the axles and springs first. No big deal as I can use what I have off of the long bed. Everything else stays. Fuel and brake lines, power steering box and pump. Nothing cut off when he takes it apart. He wants $150 for the frame. So after he sends me the photos of it. I might go either this weekend or next to pick it up. This is going to be a project but I have quite a bit of parts to put one together. I will have to find a bed though. I will be taking this truck apart to build the short bed 4x4. Thought I would share. Kind of made my day.
Attached Images

1987 R10 shortie
rs74 is offline   Reply With Quote