The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2013, 02:17 AM   #1
dukcaln

Our CL finds, our new projects!

So my father inlaw and I found some nice project trucks on CL and here are some details of each and what we paid for these basically rust free finds!

This truck below was seen on CL by me. There was no picture but a price of $500. Add said a running truck. I contacted my father inlaw and he emailed the lady that night. He then phoned her at 4am to leave a message. She answered but told him it was sold but if the guy is a no show, she would call him. Well later that day around 3pm she called to say the guy was a flake and we raced over... A quick look over, added gas and a battery she fired right up. No argument. $500 cash and on the trailer back to the house....

this other truck below, was on CL and with no pic. It said it was a clean title clean truck with no rust. minus motor but has tranny. Said 1000 obo. My father inlaw drove to look at it and called me and said super clean, very very little rust, almost rust free... 900 and on the trailer back to the house.. we have a 350cu ready to go in.

so what did you all think, for a total of 1400 bucks, did we score? plans for the trucks are clean them up, do body work, add any exterior pieces needed to make complete along with interior (Which we have all of the parts for the interior and exterior), then primer and sell. Of cource we have to drop in a sb 350 into one of them. We might add PS/PB in the 6 cylinder. We thought about doing a v8 swap in it but decided not to. But they will be complete, clean and running like champs when they are put back up on CL for sell

We have my 72 in my avatar, and my father inlaw has a 67 and 69, so these trucks you see are projects for us to make somebody else happy $$ later. THEY WILL BE FOR SELL SOON!!!