The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2013, 06:34 AM   #1
Xeen

1968 c10 2003 Vortec 5.3L swap

Ok a little back story first.
For as long as I can remember I always liked 67-72 chevy stepside pickups, specifically the 67-68 because of the grill and slant nose hood.
I picked one up about a year ago and the fun began, now I'm to the point of installing a drivetrain, it's time to get this bad boy on the road.
I have been searching for an Engine and Transmission complete pullout for about 4 months when a couple of days ago I ran across a ad on craigslist of all places and the guy claimed he had a 2003 Vortec 5.3L and 4l60e with 28,300 miles on them, so I set up a time to go look at it and you can tell when something has been cleaned up, or used alot and this thing has the right amount of grime on it and a lack of wear that could only mean one thing, he wasn't lying.
I was very pleased and bought it on the spot it came with the ECM and TCM, the only thing it didn't come with is the GM harness and MAF and I'm looking for them.
The engine was in pretty good condition except for a crude pulling technique that broke the electrical conections off the starter and broke the mounting location for the rearmost coilpack on the right hand valve cover, so it will need the starter repaired and a new valve cover.
I will be updating this thread with information, tips, and pics as I go.
If you would like to see my 1968 c10 stepside build you can click on the link in my signature.
Here are a few pics to kick it off.