The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #1
GBM

The Mad Hatter 1950 mud racer

I built a truck to race last year and stepped away as the driver. My 16 y/o daughter wanted to race. She did really well piloting our 1990 454ss mud racer.

so after about 14 1st place finishes and 10-14 2nd place finished, she ended her season on top; the "girl" to beat in the mens and womens classes.

This year she needed a faster truck and with rule changes a different truck was in order.

Last year she ran a 5.07 sec through 200' of mud, 3-4 feet deep.

This years truck, she chose one of my 47-53 model trucks I have sitting behind my shop. This one I bought online with only the pictures shown. I literally drug it out of the woods after cutting the tree out of the bed.

I used a 78 cehvy frame and shortened it down to 122" wheelbase. then we stripped the old cab from its original frame and set it on this 78 frame.

my daughter does a lot of the work on the truck, she feels that it brings her closer to the truck and allows them to communicate better while she races.

GBM is offline   Reply With Quote