The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2013, 10:07 PM   #1
tip

86 C30 Dually Slow Project

Here is my new project. Its an '86 C30 Dually with a 350 and 105K miles. I traded it for some work I did for a guy. He owned it since 1995, and used it to tow his tractor. He bought a new truck 3 or 4 years ago so it has been sitting this whole time. I will be the third owner.

It currently runs okay, but doesn't like to start cold. There are tons of other little issues due to it sitting so long. My plans are to get it roadworthy, do some serious, serious cleaning, bring it up to speed on maintenance, and use it to tow the boat and cruise around town. I had to sell my 4x4 to go back to school, so I was stuck without a truck until this thing came along. I thought about selling this one to get a 4x4, but I decided I like this thing too much. If I could find a K30 parts truck I'd probably go that route, this body is in too good of condition to get rid of.

So, now that I made up my mind to keep it, and the fact that the boat won't tow itself, I'm committed to get this thing up and running. Progress will be slow since school is keeping me busy... and broke

Some pics:

where it sat:

after lots of pressure washing

tip is offline   Reply With Quote