The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2013, 10:46 AM   #1
Threadbaron

Best Seat option for a 72

I know there are plenty of threads that show different aftermarket seats but still thought I would throw this question(s) out and see if I could get some help in deciding which way to go.

I have had my K5 for around 6 years and drive in at times during the warmer months. I have pulled off the top and plan to keep it off. I will be using it throughout the summer but have pledged this year to get the seats covered/replaced. My Blazer is in primer right now and the seats currently have worn out original fabric. We do enjoy loading up the dogs to ride so they will be a part of it also.

I was thinking about getting them covered in Marine Vinyl like our boat seats so if caught overnight, etc in the rain then I did not have to worry about ruining good upholstery. Here are my options and pros/cons of each.
1) Original blazer seat covers
Overall best looking option, maybe not tough enough for what I will use it for. (Mine currently have houndstooth inserts)

2) Recovered seats in Marine Vinyl
Maybe best for use without a top, but not sure how comfortable or good looking they will be.

3) Replacement seats from another vehicle.
Probably most confortable, seat belts could be used easier, not sure how durable ...or....not sure how I would like the overall look of high back seats with the top off.

I know ultimately it's my decison based on "what I like" but I do enjoy hearing pros and cons of those who are already using one of the above options or have researched each as well. Not sure how much money plays into each of the above since I have not really priced each one and compared.

In addition if I go with option 3 which types and years of trucks/blazer/burbs, etc. have seats that fit in the K5 the best? I have a local salvage yard with a lot of these available if I choose to go that way.

Thanks in advance for the feedback, I really enjoy getting on here and seeing the builds!
Threadbaron is offline   Reply With Quote