The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2003, 07:51 PM   #1
Ironhorse

Unhappy Bummer Of A Day

The proverbiale shi**y day. Started out bad when at 04:30 AM this morning it was very apparent that the battery in the car was about to go to it's greater reward. Finally started after rolling over very slow. Got to work and intended to get a new battery after work. Had not been at work for an hour when hooking up a piece of equipment to my tractor I smashed my right hand breaking the ring finger and splitting it open like a smashed grape. Ouch was one of the terms I used. Banged up the rest of it pretty well, broke the finger in two places. Naturally I am right handed. Spent the next 4 hours at Co. medical and having them send me to a hand specalist. Have to go back and see him again Friday. No stitches yet as hand is to swollen. So much for being able to do a re-build on a tilt column I bought for my 71 4x4. Guess will have to put that off for awhile. Damn, Damn, Damn !!!

Bumped my broken finger while jump starting the car at quitting time. Ouch, again !!! Guess will let my son change battery for me when he gets home from work.

To much stuff around here to do to be banged up like this. Just starting to re-store my 71 Chevelle SS. Re-modeling the house, two acres of ground and trees to care for, etc....

Guess I just needed to vent a bit, mad at my-self for banging up my hand doing something I have been doing since '87 .

Took forever to type this, Damn, Damn, Damn !!!
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote