The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2013, 10:09 AM   #1
PortalAxls

V6 VS V8 radiators

Question for you guys. Are there any differences between the V6 and V8 radiators? I don't know if the previous owner had swapped radiators or not. When I called the local shop to order one they had me measure the distance between the retainers. I got 26, and I see the radiators listed for our trucks are 28.

I just noticed yesterday while tinkering that there are holes for the retainers 2" from where the retainers were originallly mounted. Should I just move the retainers over for the 28" radiator?

Also, the pads I bought from LMC seem to be a different size than what came on my truck.

here is a link to the one I bought from the radiator shop before seeing the other mounting points http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pli-438162

And the one listed for our trucks http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pl...rview/make/gmc
Attached Images

WTB: Eaton HO 4:10 or 4:11 tapered beaing gearset, or complete 3rd of either style bearing in the 4:10 ratio
PortalAxls is offline   Reply With Quote