The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2013, 08:53 AM   #11
Denee007

bad headers

Well, here's another one of my screwups! I ordered a set of headers off of Ebay. I took a chance~ they looked good on the site. They were 259.oo. Surely chinese. When they arrived,(one day), I took them out and was so happy, they were so nice! I threw the box away and left good feedback immediately(bad idea).
I went and installed the passenger side cause that's the side I was more worried about, it fit! I wrapped the bottom portion of the passenger side header to protect the starter, but didn't pay attention just how close one of the pipes were from the solenoid.
I Installed both, but when I put the truck up on the lift~ I noticed a problem~ the header collectors were in my opinion, horribly "off". The P side was up 1 3/4" and also back 1 3/4" putting it dead center of my transmission crossmember! I was thinking Manny, the exhaust guy would have let me have it if I had pursued these headers. And thinking the fateful day of when selling it, then explaining the messed up headers.

I called Gearhead/Hotrodparts or the vendor and tried explaining to them, but pictures are worth a thousand words that they couldn't see! The ad said for 66-72 chevy nova, and other cars, and the guy "Adam" said, oh these dont' fit your application~ I said it has nothing to do with the application, it's the headers are screwed up!(I wanted to say YOu Idiot! lol) Then I put Gary on the phone, still didn't get anywhere! I asked Adam, "so I"m stuck with these?" Yes~
I opened a case with Ebay/Paypal. A couple days later, the vendor aggreed to refund my money. the cost to ship the headers~ I won't even say what it cost! I had torn up the original box. As it stands, they had declined the box for yesterdays delivery(I have tracking, insurance,documentation,etc). I included in the package pictures with circles n arrows pointing at the problem.

Lesson: buy from a reputable company. I called Summit Racing of which I've bought a lot from them~ I explained to them my ordeal. The rep said no problems here~ we'll even help with shipping if they don't fit and help you get what you need! That was refreshing! I bought the Hedman headers they had for 345.oo. they should be here today I hope.

67 Ford Mustang (re-restored after Harvey)
1968 Jeep Cj5 (2-8-2020 to present)
1992 Jeep Yj (8-17-20 to present) (Jurassic build)

www.Classiccarsandtools.com

Last edited by Denee007; 03-14-2013 at 09:15 AM. Reason: added pic
Denee007 is offline   Reply With Quote