The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2013, 09:41 AM   #1
b.eddy's72

What makes the true value of a truck

As I go through several post, CL adds, eBay, and several other classifids I have to ask "What makes the true value of the truck". I see trucks anywhere from $600 to $80,000. Just because I ask $30,000 for a truck doesnt make it worth it. When I was in search of my last truck (67 3/4 ton) I was suprised at some of the junk I found that in my opinion people wanted a fortune for. Called and talk to 2 different people who said "cant find these trucks anymore"......both wanted about $3000 more than I was willing to spend and one was $2800 more than what I got mine for and wasnt even in half as good of shape as what I got. Oh and both still have there trucks for sale. People want Barrett Jackson price for a worn out truck that needs everthing from major body work + interior work and a motor or tranny or both. There are people out there who have great skills and do killer work but just because they touch my truck does that add $15,000 to the value? I may be missing something here but I think some people really dont want to sell their truck and thats why they want so much for it. The supply and demand doesnt come into play here either cause there are plenty of our trucks still out there, hell there crushing them at wrecking yards all the time. That is my rant for the day. Good day Ladies and Gentlemen

Ya must have been movin cause I was haulin a*$ when I passed you
b.eddy's72 is offline   Reply With Quote