The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2013, 09:49 PM   #1
Groove_hunter

Cool Vintage air questions after install

I just had vintage air sure fit system installed in my 1968 non-ac ls 5.3 c10. On the drive home I noticed a few things that have me wondering what is normal with these systems. The coolant temperature now consistently is 200 to 210 where it used to max out around 190. I have a duel electric fan setup that comes on at 180 degrees. Maybe this is normal since the radiator flow is now a bit more restrictive. Just wondering if I need to go to a 4 core radiator or add a shroud or just live with the slight bump in temp.
My second concern is the noise coming from the evaporator under the dash. At idle it seems normal but when the engine revs it resonates loudly. It doesn't seem to matter what speed the fan is at only that he system is cooling. It sounds like here are so are resonate frequencies when the coolant flows at different rates. It seems excessive and was was wondering if this is normal since the evaporator is inside the cabin
Thanks in advance
Posted via Mobile Device
Groove_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote