The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2013, 11:18 PM   #24
Lattimer

Re: Best carb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine 59 View Post
Hesitation during the transition between primary and secondary circuits indicate the secondaries are opening too quickly.

Most people will disagree, but I run a Q-jet on my 71 Cutlass. I sent it out to a really good carb rebuilder. It came back in fantastic shape. Only adjustment I had to make was the high idle. Deano asked me questions about my engine set up and built the carb to my specific engine. I have not touched it in over six years.

On the street a Q-jet is my carb preference. Economy if you keep you foot out of it and performance when needed when those big secondaries crack open.

Think about this....GM spent $$$ in research and development on the Q-jet. It was designed to be the best carb choice for a GM engine. Holleys are good, but I give the nod to "Q".
I've heard several others say the same thing. Problem is I don't have a manifold for a q jet and I'm really not interested in changing out my brand new manifold. I was told the q jet can't fit on my manifold.

1970 Chevy C-10 SWB, 350, TKO 600 5 speed
My build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=559881
Lattimer is offline   Reply With Quote