The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2003, 01:10 PM   #1
BillG_69gmc

A/C Heat Vacuum Hose Routing

I've finally got around to swapping carbs out and with that I promised myself to reestablish the vacuum lines that control the heat/ac vents.

Does anyone have the basic info on what hoses are tied together so that I can spend less time in trial and error.

It's on a 69 GMC with Deluxe system..
Control unit has three ports. Numbered 1, 2, 3. How convenient!

Port 1 is the main vacuum line. No problem here. I put in a new vacuum canister and have that line inside the cab.

Port2 and Port 3 on the controls. One should be for controling the hot water valve to the heater, the other should control the vents for floor, dash and defrost.

The other big question is, the hot water valve that is vacuum controlled. The valve should be inserted in what direction? There is no arrows and I don't know which way the water goes. Althought I suspect it flows from the top of the water pump thru valve, into heater core, then back out.

Another thing is the control cables, which were not hooked up. Which gets connected to which lever?

The valve itself is a plunger type and normally closed with no vacuum. Does the direction of the valve matter? Will water pressure force the valves open if installed one way or will water pressure force valve piston to be harder to open by vacuum if installed the other way? Or do I just over analize this and it dont matter?

Any help, written or pictures would be appreciated.

Thanks

Billg
Attached Images

Last edited by BillG_69gmc; 11-14-2003 at 01:41 PM.
BillG_69gmc is offline   Reply With Quote