The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2013, 04:23 PM   #1
Grizz1963

Gun Racks, yes, Gun Racks.... Show me please.

Once again, as part of this whole development of the truck I would like to ultimately drive, I would love to see what the gun racks look like that people have, or removed from their trucks.

Here in England you cannot even carry a tea towel if it is deemed to be an offensive weapon, so I want to make some replica rifles and fit them to gun racks for shows and get together meetings.

I previously made a rough copy of a double barreled shotgun, being careful not to make it at all authentic, as it could cause chaos in this narrow minded country of cowards.

Fancy dress brief:

I do not exactly look like any hero, so thought a member of the "Dirty Dozen" would be as close as I would get to looking like Clint Eastwood.

The plan was to get a Poundshop Revolver and Sheriffs badge, and use a Stetson hat, some old Cowboy boots I bought years ago, and never wore, as well as a blanket shaped to look like a Poncho..... get the picture ?

Handgun was easy,Sheriff badge and life size 44magnum replica with authentic electronic sound = £0.99p.

Old Primark blanket, cut and sewn to form neck hole of poncho = £2.00

Then I thought, Rifle, shotgun ?

Popped over to the local council tip, as I had no pipe to use at home, got a length of pipe, took some cast off timber from the pile I have in Nicola's garden , cut it roughly by hand with a circular saw..... Rifle but shape.

Went home Sunday night and started at about 7pm, by 10.30pm, I had sprayed the but of the 44 Magnum satin black, shaped the Shotgun but, painted it and the "barrels" satin black, dried it all over the garage heater, and also in the airing cupboard with the heating turned up high.

Careful not to make it look too real.

Result......

Full size replica.

Garden timber, and scrap pipe.

Single barrel rifle ???

Naaahhh, Scatter gun.

Rough shaping of butt done.

Hand shaped trigger guard.

Hung out to dry.

Old leather belt for shoulder strap.

Dirty old man ??

Hope you liked the outcome.