The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2013, 11:50 PM   #1
Ziegelsteinfaust

C10 vs Jag IFS

I am planning on adding Jaguar IRS to my truck when I convert it to light duty or glorified car if you will.

Since it is a C20 I will need new front suspension pieces anyways.

So do I use a C10 front end with the 1.25 inch rotors, pst bushings, and A-arm moved forward for better camber gain. I feel this is the best choice because it was designed for a chevy, and it has been well thought out. Only thing missing would be a rack and pinion steering for less then the cost I can pay for another truck. Or just get a agr box.

Or go with the Jag IFS, and modify it to my trucks frame. I kind of like this one because I can get a car for about $500, and use what I need. Then scrap the rest to cut my cost down. The XJ-6 brakes are a little thin for me, but you can supposedly bolt on XJ-8 brakes easily. The XJ-6 brakes are roughly the same size as light duty C10's, but with dual piston calipers.

I plan on running 235/60/15 front, and 255/60/15 rear. At least from my measurements it seems to be a good size to start at, but I will find out when it is blocked up on the suspension. The truck needs to be capable of spirited driving, and not getting brake fade. I like to go to the mountain roads for drives, and hiking.

I am hoping for a final weight of about 3600 pounds after my motor swap.

Any suggestions?
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote