The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2013, 09:11 PM   #1
Maladd

New guy from Texas

Hi all, I've lurked for quite a while, but as I get to the point where I will be asking a lot of questions, I thought I'd introduce myself.

My name is Jeff and about a year ago I bought a 1968 c10 long bed stepside. As I'm a pretty strange person it's a good fit. I'm probably one of the very few that like the longbed stepside.

Since I've bought it I've replaced some freeze plugs, done a v8 swap, an HEI upgrade, and installed the missing A/C components back in to the cab. Big thanks to all the great write ups I used to help me on these projects.

I recently bought a 1969 long bed fleet side that I've stripped down to the chassis that I'll be rebuilding and doing a body swap on to. I will also be upgrading to power brakes (drum), power steering, finishing the A/C system up, going from sm465 to TH350 (and gear vendors at a later date), and from Chevy 307 to PROBABLY a goodwrench 350 (although the LS Swap episode I saved from Truckin does keep calling my name).

I will also try to upload some pics since I've lurked enough to know that this thread is worthless without pictures.

I usually spend at least an hour a day pouring through projects and posts related to whatever is perplexing me on the build that day.

Well, lets see if I can get the pictures on here, and thanks a ton for all the help everyone has been with the great write ups that have helped me so far.
Attached Images

Maladd is offline   Reply With Quote