The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2013, 06:47 PM   #1
Ironhorse

Maiden Voyage - Finally On The Road !

At long last I finally have my truck back on the road today!! Been down longer than I like to think about. Swapped out the sm465/np205 set-up for a 350TH/np205. Loved my 4x4 4 speed but being almost 64 years young and "Arthur" getting to my knees sometimes ya' just gotta' do what a man's gotta do" . While doing the swap, pulled the engine for a freshen up.

New pan gasket, new starter and water pump, power steering pump and hoses, double roller chain, valve stem seals, Edelbrock Performer intake with Edelbrock 600 cfm elec. choke carb, Pertronix HEI ignition and coil. Changed over to a 4 core radiator, changed out the floor shift tilt for an auto tilt. Installed my newly re-chromed transfer lever and trim ring. Smoothed the rough casting marks off the center dumps and coated with POR Cast Iron Gray, installed tall oil fill tube and 4x4 dip stick with stock valve covers. Engine de-greased and painted Chevrolet Orange. Still have a bit of underhood cleaning and painting to do but for the time being I want to drive it and just enjoy my truck again !!

Couple pics of the truck and engine bay cause I know I'll catch some flak if I don't post em up Made a steel plate to cover the hole in the rubber mat where the shift lever came thru. Very satisfied with my mat and have read some bad things on the board about new replacements not being up to snuff.
Attached Images

Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks

Last edited by Ironhorse; 03-29-2013 at 06:58 PM.
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote