The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2013, 10:21 PM   #11
watahyahknow

Re: Slosh Tubz new company project "Square Peg" frame laying 1987 GMC Jimmy

i love those huge caddies but its going to take some work and cash to find new glas for it , from wat i see on the photo's the metal seems ......ok on it for its age and all the trim still seems to be there , to bad about the rearbumper part being rusted through
the wheelcovers in the back will prolly take some searching though those are the first parts that go missing on a wreck right after the hubcaps (you might be able to find those in dessert valley autoparts in arizona or ebay if you know the partnumber i heared those hubcaps are about as expensive as a set of aloy rims (it might be an idea for a wheelmanifacturer to make a 22 inch rim with a machined center thats close to a caddy hubcap btw )

i think they could hide the bolts behind a centercover like on the older machined wheels

are you going to go new tech old steel on it like with cloud 9 or go with an original guzzlin caddillac lump and restore it like it was comming out of the factorie?
from wat i understood the motors that caddillac made in those days where verry good they made out of a harder metal than the chevies out of that time (higher nickel carbon or chrome content in the metal sumtin like that ?) and there lighter than the chevy bigblocks too , unfortunately there allmost no go faster parts available and hardly any aftermarket dress up stuff
there was an article a long time ago in hot rod magazine of a budget dragster that used a caddy bottom end from one year and the heads from another , it raised the compression a little and they mounted some bigger valves to get it to breath a little better , think edelbrock makes a manifold for the old v8

kindah wondering if theres room for a 7.0 LS7 in there or its caddilac escalade counterpart , the weight of the car is enough to warant it , if you use a running truck as a donor and adapt the chevy truck / escalade frame to fit the classic body it would make getting wear out parts like brakepads . balljoints , and steeringlinkage , they prolly have ready made kits for airride suspension on the newer stuff too , and the frame would have good working brakes and an electronic transmission

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts
watahyahknow is offline   Reply With Quote