The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2013, 02:15 PM   #11
Neatbeard

Re: 66 SB Step Side- Ex Air Force Base Truck

I debated whether to start a new thread but I thought that it would be nice to keep this one alive for as long as I have the truck as (in my opinion) it is about the truck and not myself.

I think its great to see how the life of this truck evolves.........

Yesterday I fitted the front n rear number plates and unbolted the bench seat ready for the mother in law to recover it tomorrow with the mexi (serpe) blankets that ive already got.

Started the motor up too as its been sitting unused for a couple of weeks, took a few pumps of the accelerator pedal as well as the choke to fire it up and she purred away nicely.

Went to restart it again a couple of hours later and DEAD nothing there....?? The battery seems to be OK (haven't properly checked yet) but when I turn the key the ignition lights come on and then nothing............no click from the starter solenoid or anything? The whole ignition unit seems abit loose in the dash so I tightened that up and tried again but still nothing....... its weird as all i did was spray some WD40 around the engine bay to protect the electrics from out damp climate.... maybe its seeped in somewhere it shouldn't. Will try to investigate tomorrow when I have time.
Neatbeard is offline   Reply With Quote