The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2013, 12:44 AM   #1
beardexplosion

67' Motor swap questions

Hello all, I am new to the forum. I recently purchased a 67' with a 250 and a three on the tree. The motor had a pretty bad rod knock, which I tried to patch by putting new bearings in. But in the process I snapped a stud on one of the rods. I had planned on putting a small block in the truck anyways so its not that huge of a deal.

So this is where my questions begin. I know that the small block will use the same motor mounts and bolt up to the transmission. What I am confused about is the linkage, it bolts up to the motor right now. So I was wondering if anyone knew if most or all small blocks had the holes for the linkage mounts that the 3 spd uses.

Also if anyone has any advice for pulling the inline six and or pulling a small block that would be helpful. I have rebuilt several motorcycle engines so I understand the mechanics of working on motors. But there is often little tricks to doing things like pulling motors that I am not aware of.

For all that here are some pics of the truck.

beardexplosion is offline   Reply With Quote