The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2013, 02:08 PM   #1
64shortbed

Look what i found

I went out to my buddys shop yesterday to see how thinks were going with his ratrod he was building and there on the 305 sat a "batwing" caddy air cleaner! I have been trying to find one now for years and i asked him were he had that at. He just smiled and in my stash but it was the only one he had. Well he was looking for a speedo cable and i told him i had one at the house that would work for what he needed. So we hoped in the 64 GMC and headed into town to the house to get it. Well on my wall i have this old air cleaner top i thought was kool and i pinstriped it just for wall art. he looked at it and asked were i got it from. I told him id had that for years just somthing i found.

Well turned out we think its a original 1960-62 air cleaner top. He looked at me and said he wanted it and i could have the "batwing" caddy one. Now i just got to see if it will fit my 64 GMC or not. I think the breadbox heater will be in the way??

Any way i just thought it was kool i finaly found one and was able to trade for it.

First pic is what my corvette on looks like the other 2 are what the "batwing" caddy one looks like.
Attached Images