The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2013, 10:46 AM   #1
CRGRS 66

Thumbs down My Experience with CPP - (spare yourself the hassle)

I placed an order for CPP products with Scott's Hat Rods last fall. I ordered a 6 lug disc brake kit with 2.5" spindles, 2" springs, MC/booster/prop valve, front and rear sway bars. In preparation for installation I discovered the the calipers were remans, and the quality of one of the calipers was terrible, piston seal looked as though it had been pinched on installation, and the threaded port for the brake hose was not the same as the banjo bolt on the brake hose, so on Feb 27th I emailed Justin, who responded the same day to say that he emailed and had a call in to CPP on the matter. I received an email the next day (feb 28) from Justin, CPP says they no longer sell remans in their kits, they will issue an RMA. The next day I received the RMA. Well, still no calipers, and nothing but crickets on the other end.

I am extremely frustrated, and wondering if this will ever get resolved. I have asked Justin @ Scott's to get involved and get this resolved. I have no issues with Scott's Hot Rod's but I have let Justin know that I ordered the goods from him, they are his vendor, and that I need him to step up on my behalf.

I personally will not be ordering any more CPP products, and I sincerely hope that I don't run into any more problems with any of the other CPP goods I ordered when it comes time to install them.

I am not very happy about posting this thread, but emails and phone calls have so far gotten me no where.

My build thread, CRGRS 66 Winter Build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...09#post5638709
CRGRS 66 is offline   Reply With Quote