The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #1
Saskrodder

Project Barn Burner: '60 C10

Hey guys, newbie here looking for some tips & tricks with a build... I purchased a 1960 Chev 1/2 ton Short Box Step Side this past summer off an old farmer in the area. I've always had a soft spot for the "eyebrow" hood trucks. The truck isn't in the best of shape as the floor needs to be patched and some welding needed to be done to the rear fenders but I'm not worried about that as my goal is to build a "shop truck" style truck. My job is a week on week off type so I want to build a cheap, low budget, Do it yourself project.

The plans for the truck are to swap out the original straight 6 for a 350 with a 5 speed manual trans.

I'm looking for some tips and tricks on lowering the truck to a nice ride height without air bags. I'm all for swapping out the front end and rear end for a newer style. Is it as easy as cranking down then torsion bars and cutting the rear springs a bit?

Thank you in advance for the input and advice!!

Jordan
Posted via Mobile Device
Saskrodder is offline   Reply With Quote